Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Do I believe that Hannah is an angel?

  Yes, I know this is deep to start off the morning, but I feel it time to explain some things.  We've been studying the end times in our small group from church.  And as you all know, we lost our precious daughter, Hannah Elizabeth(you can read her story here), 4 years ago, we have suffered 2 miscarriages, and we just lost a very, very close friend, who was the leader of our small group.  As you can imagine, understanding death and losing a loved one is close to our hearts.


  A few weeks ago, the topic of angels came up.  We discussed this whole idea of when someone dies that they turn into an angel.  I will say, that I feel I may have misled people into thinking that we believe this by naming my blog "Hannah's Wings" or by saying in my profiles that I have 3 angels in heaven.  This is not true.  While, I will not go into great detail of what we believe on what happens after death (going to heaven, Jesus coming back and raising up the dead in Him, and so forth).  I will say, that we do NOT believe that Hannah herself is an angel, nor the other two babies that I misscarried.  Perhaps, if it is too misleading maybe, I should rename or change my profile, but for right now, I just think clarification is in order. 
  Now, I do not want to discuss such a deep topic without some scripture, so I'm hoping if this is confusing to you, maybe God will help us shed some light on the issue.

1.)  Angels were already present when God created the heavens and the earth. 

Job 38:4 - 7 ~
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
 
 
2.)  Satan was an angel and was thrown out of Heaven.
 
Revelation 12:7-12 ~


7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
 
 
3.)  We DO have guardian angels. 
(They are just not people we have lost here on earth.)
 
Psalms 91:9-12~
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
 
  I hope and pray this clears some things up for you if we had misled you here at Hannah's Wings.  I also pray that if you have lost a loved one, that was saved, that you can take comfort in knowing that they will be in Heaven as a child of God, with their name written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
 

  Also, here is a very good article on angels as a whole.   http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/are-guardian-angels-biblical/
 

1 comment:

  1. It is gift to grow older, the Divine gifts overfill my expectations, but unfortunatley with age comes lots loss. Daughter, parents, family, friends. The answer for me has been to lean on grace, to let my self grieve because unless I do the grief comes out in ugly ways, and to remember and honnor those who have passed.

    ReplyDelete