Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring Cleaning, a refreshing start!

I don't know what it is about Spring that makes me want to clean, but it does!!  It really doesn't make any sense, if you think about it.  I have all winter to stay cooped up and have plenty of time to get everything in nice neat order, but for some reason, I don't have the energy or the motivation to until I hear bird singing and can open the windows.  Sure, we keep up on or day to day chores, but I'm talking about that deep down stuff.  You know, the good stuff, washing windows, curtains, wiping away cobwebs, cleaning and organizing drawers and shelves, and scrubbing floors.  I've been following one of my favorite blogs as she does the same this month.  And though, I'm not on the same schedule as she is, it has definitely helped me with ideas.  So I thought I'd share some of my resources.



 
I highly recommend Fly Lady.  However, spend about an hour looking over this website and jotting down ideas.  There is a routine set up that you can follow and then certain 15 minutes zones for each day.


 
Caroline, over at The Modest Mom, has been writing about Spring Cleaning all month, you can click on this link about Chore Charts for Kids and then it will also take you to all of her other posts from this month.  This is a great resource to get started, however after a couple of years of using "charts", I have decided I like our Chore Pack System much better.  Take a look at this very cute little girl explaining the system.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I recently purchased this e-book by Sarah Mae on Spring Cleaning for $4.99.  It's very simple, a page a day.  It's more like a devotional than and instruction manual.  It has a "Martha" challenge ~ cleaning project for the day and a "Mary" challenge ~ a spiritual project for the day.
 
 
 
 
 
 This is where I keep all of my ideas organized and when I get discouraged or loose my inspiration, I browse through here.
 
 
Well, I'm off to work on my "zone" for the day!  Hope you have a wonderful day!
 
 
Psalms 51:10 ~ Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 
Are you Spring Cleaning?  If so, how is it going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment