Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reminders

A friend of ours lost their little girl this week.  She drown in the neighbors swimming pool.  I went to the viewing tonight, and was once again reminded that children are not really "ours".  We are called God's children for a reason.  We as mothers, are just here to raise and love them until its time for them to go home.  Unfortunately, for our earthly bodies that's really hard to comprehend.  Its so easy to be saddened by the fact that "our" child has been taken away, when in reality we should be rejoicing that they no longer have to suffer and they beat us to eternity.  I can honestly say the comforting feeling I've had as a mother was the moment I was holding my dying child as she took her last breath, as horrible as that sounds, there was this awesome peace and serenity come over me that she was really "ok" now.  Actually she's so much more than ok!
  It so easy, to replay everything in your head over and over again, what could I have done different, if only I had done this, I should have spent more time with her........... But in the end, I really did do my job, I got her to heaven, and that's all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment