Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tomorrow's a New Day!!

  Well, this afternoon was kind of rocky....and I'll just leave it at that, because I had pretty well of brought it onto myself.  But just as Avalon sings "Tomorrow's finally here.....It's a New Day, oh it's a new time and there's a new way.  I'm gonna live my life..all the old has passed away".  I think that my greatest pleasure in being a christian, is every day is a new day.  And no matter how bad today was, Jesus will still love me and he's going to give me a new slate tomorrow. 
  I'm really starting to enjoy it just being me and the kids during the day.  I was really apprehensive about giving up my babysitting, but I can really see improvements in my kids! 
  I took Lindsay yesterday to get her ears pierced and she did so well!!!  She only screamed right after it was done because the lady got the gun stuck on the back of her earring.  She has whined about me cleaning them, because she's terrified that they are going to come out and "the lady told me not to take them out for 6 minutes!!" (translated 6 weeks)
  I started Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons with Lindsay and she has really taken off!  I had read on a blog one of my friends suggested (http://www.raisingolives.com/) and she uses the same book with her young children and just leaves out the writing part until they are little older.  Lindsay really has liked the idea of learning her sounds and is excited about being able to read. 
  Derek completed his first song in piano lessons the other day!  He called his grandma and played and sang it to her. 
  And Leah finally rolled over from her stomach to her back!!!  She's 6 months old and weighs 12 lbs now! 
  Well, I have much to be thankful for!  I'm going to rest now and try to have a better attitude for my new day in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment