Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Showers of Blessings

Oh, my goodness!!!  I don't know about anyone else, but I praised the Lord all morning for lifting the heat for awhile!  I opened the windows and turned off the air conditioner in what seemed like forever!  It was soooo nice! 
  School has been going wonderfully!  Derek is finally getting into a routine and Lindsay is participating nicely in her lessons as well.  They both are just doing amazingly well at piano!  I wasn't going to start Lindsay just yet, but she has really taken to it quite nicely. 
  My sister and I practiced our song we are to sing on Sunday for church today.  The harmony worked out really well.  I was worried about the song at first, but I think it has come together now.  I really wish we could sing more often together.  And one day I hope to get my children involved in performing. 
  The kids are going to have a (bike) rodeo at church for youth group on Wednesday night, so we went and picked up a new bike for Derek from a friend.  His other one has just fell apart, and his big boy bike, is just to big yet.  We're supposed to decorate them up for a cowboy theme, I'm not quite sure how to make a bike look like a horse, but I'm sure we'll come up with something!  And while my kids are with the younger youth, Ronnie and I are supposed to be helping with the teens.  They are going to be having "sofa wars".  For anyone who is not familar with this term, here are the details.  You split into teams.  Each team has a van to ride around in and a truck to haul their sofa in.  They are given a list of places to get their picture taken in front of sitting on their sofa.  Each desitnation is worth so many points and few places deduct points!  It should be very interesting!!  I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!
  Then Friday night, we how our homeschool group kick-off!  I'm also looking forward to getting back in touch with all the families from our area that have the same values as Ronnie and I.  It's very important for mommy to have adult time as well as the kids to have that socialization!
  Well I should probably hop off here and head to bed.  Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment